Looking For Neck Pain Treatment In Aurora Colorado? Get Relief Now!”
*If you’re looking for neck pain treatment in Northglenn CO, we are now open for business and we welcome all new patients and walk-ins. Please take note of the Northglenn CO address: 11411 Pearl St. Northglenn, CO 80233 – thanks for your visit and we hope to treat you soon.
Neck pain treatment in Aurora is a common service offered to patients. Neck muscles can be strained from poor structure – whether it’s leaning over your computer or hunching over your workbench.
Osteoarthritis also is a common cause of neck pain.
Rarely, neck pain can be a symptom of a more serious problem. Seek medical care if your neck pain is accompanied by numbness
or loss of strength in your arms or hands or if you have shooting pain into your shoulder or down your arm.
Signs and symptoms include:
- Pain that’s often worsened by holding your head in one place for long periods, such as when driving or working at a computer
- Muscle tightness and spasms
- Decreased ability to move your head
When to see a doctor for neck pain treatment in Aurora?
Most neck pain improves gradually with home treatment. If nor, see your doctor.
Seek immediate care if severe neck pain results from an injury, such as motor vehicle accident, diving accident or fall.
Contact a doctor if your neck pain:
- Is severe
- Persists for several days without relief
- Spreads down arms or legs
- Is accompanied by headache, numbness, weakness or tingling.
Your neck is flexible and supports the weight of your head, so it can be vulnerable to injuries and conditions that cause pain and restrict motion. Neck pain causes include:
- Muscle strains. Overuse, such as too many hours hunched over your computer or smartphone, often triggers muscle strain. Even minor things, such as reading in bed or gritting your teeth, can strain neck muscles.
- Worn joints. Just like the other joints in your body, your neck joints tend to wear down with age. Osteoarthritis causes the cushions (cartilage) between your bones (vertebrae) to deteriorate. Your body then forms bone spurs that affect joint motion and cause pain.
- Nerve compression. Herniated disks or bone spurs in the vertebrae of your neck can press on the nerves branching out from the spinal cord
- Rear-end auto collisions often result in whiplash injury, which occurs when the head is jerked backward and then forward, straining the soft tissues of the neck.
- Certain diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, meningitis or cancer, can cause neck pain.
Before your appointment for neck pain treatment in Aurora, you may want to write a list of answers to the following questions:
- When did your symptoms begin?
- Have you ever injured your neck? If so, when did the injury occur?
- Do any particular neck movements improve or worsen the pain?
- What medications and supplements do you take regularly?
What to expect from your doctor?
Your doctor might ask some of the following questions:
- Where exactly does your pain occur?
- Is the pain dull, sharp or shooting?
- Do you have numbness or weakness?
- Does the pain radiate into your arm?
- Is the pain made worse by straining, coughing or sneezing?
- Do you have other physical problems?
Now that you know the symptoms and causes of your pain, get chiropractic care and acupuncture for your neck pain treatment in Aurora. Our specialists want to help you get out of pain quickly.