“Get Pain Relief With Acupuncture In Aurora CO. Visit Our Clinic!”
*Additionally, if you’re looking for acupuncture in Northglenn CO, we are now open for business and we welcome all new patients and walk-ins. Please take note of the Northglenn CO address: 11411 Pearl St. Northglenn, CO 80233 – thanks for your visit and we hope to treat you soon.
Acupuncture in Aurora CO can relieve pain, improve sleep, digestion and emotional well-being:
Acupuncture is a 3,000-year-old healing technique of Traditional Chinese medicine. In 1997, the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) documented and publicized acupuncture’s safety and efficacy in a wide range of conditions. Acupuncture is now covered by many insurance policies and is used most broadly to relieve pain.
Need acupuncture but don’t have insurance? No problem. We offer treatment with no initial out of pocket payments. We can help you with or without insurance so don’t worry,
How does acupuncture in Aurora CO work?
Acupuncture improves the body’s functions and promotes the natural self-healing process by stimulating anatomic sites – commonly referred to as acupuncture points, or acupoints. The most common method used to stimulate acupoints is the insertion of fine, sterile needles into the skin. Pressure, heat, or electrical stimulation may further enhance the effects. Other acupoint stimulation techniques include manual massage, heat therapy, cupping, and the application of topical medicines and ligaments.
Traditional Chinese Medicine is based on an ancient philosophy that describes the universe, and the body, in terms of two opposing forces: yin and yang. When these forces are in balance, the body is healthy. Energy, called “qi” (pronounced “chee”) flows along specific pathways, called meridians, throughout the body.
This constant flow of energy keeps the yin and yang forces balanced. However, if the flow of energy gets blocked, like water getting stuck behind a dam, the disruption can lead to pain, lack of function, evoking the body’s natural healing response through various physiological systems.
Modern research has demonstrated acupuncture’s effects on the nervous system, endocrine and immune systems, cardiovascular system, and digestive system. By stimulating the body’s various systems, acupuncture can help to resolve pain and improve sleep, digestive function, and sense of well-being.
What happens during an acupuncture treatment?
First, your acupuncturist will ask about your health history. Then, he or she will examine your tongue’s shape, color, and coating, feel your pulse, and possibly perform some additional physical examinations depending on your individual health needs.
Using these unique assessment tools, the acupuncturist will be able to recommend a proper treatment plan to address your particular condition. To begin the acupuncture treatment, you lay comfortably on a treatment table while precise acupoints are stimulated on various areas of your body.
Most people feel no or minimal discomfort as the fine needles are gently placed. The needles are usually retained between 5 and 30 minutes. During and after treatments, people report that they feel very relaxed.
How many treatments will I need of acupuncture in Aurora CO?
The frequency and number of treatments differ from person to person. Some people experience dramatic relief in the first treatment. For complex or long-standing chronic conditions, one or two treatments per week for several months may be recommended.
For acute problems, usually fewer visits are required, usually eight to ten visits in total. An individualized treatment plan that includes the expected number of treatments will be discussed during your initial visit.
What conditions are commonly treated by acupuncture in Aurora CO?
Hundreds of clinical studies on the benefits of acupuncture show that it successfully treats conditions ranging from musculoskeletal problems (back pain, neck pain, and others) to nausea, migraine headache, depression, insomnia, and infertility.
Case-controlled clinical studies have shown that acupuncture has been an effective treatment for the following diseases, symptoms or conditions:
- Allergic rhinitis (including hay fever)
- Biliary colic
- Depression (including depressive neurosis and depression following stroke)
- Dysentery, acute bacillary
- Dysmenorrhoea, primary
- Epigastralgia, acute ( in peptic ulcer, acute and chronic gastritis, and gastrospasm)
- Facial pain (including craniomandibular disorders)
- Hypertension, essential
- Hypotension, primary
- Induction of labor
- Knee pain
- low back pain
- Malposition of fetus, correction
- Morning sickness
- Nausea and vomiting
- Neck pain
- Pain in dentistry (including dental pain and temporomandibular dysfunction)
- Periarthritis of shoulder
- Postoperative pain
- Renal colic
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Tennis elbow
The following diseases, symptoms or conditions have limited but probable evidence to support the therapeutic use of acupuncture in Aurora CO:
- Abdominal pain (in acute gastroenteritis or due to gastrointestinal spasm)
- Acne vulgaris
- Alcohol dependence and detoxification
- Bell’s palsy
- Bronchial asthma
- Cancer pain
- Cardiac neurosis
- Cholecystitis, chronic, with acute exacerbation
- Competition stress syndrome
- Craniocerebral injury, closed
- Diabetes mellitus, non-insulin-dependent
- Epidemic haemorrhagic fever
- Epistaxis, simple (without generalized or local disease)
- Eye pain due to subconjunctival infection
- Female infertility
- Facial spasm
- Female urethral syndrome
- Fibromyalgia and fasciitis
- Gastrokinetic disturbance
- Gouty arthritis
- Hepatitis B virus carrier status
- Herpes zoster (human (alpha) herpesvirus 3)
- Labour pain
- Lactation, deficiency
- Male sexual dysfunction, non-organic
- Meniere disease
- Neuralgia, post-herpetic
- Opium, cocaine and heroin dependence
- Pain due to endoscopic examination
- Pain in thrombo- angiitis obliterans
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (Stein-Leventhal syndrome)
- Post-extubation in children
- Postoperative convalescence
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Prostatitis, chronic
- Radicular and pseudoradicular pain syndrome
- Raynaud syndrome, primary
- Recurrent lower urinary-tract infection
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy
- Retention of urine, traumatic
- Sialism, drug induced (excessive salivation)
- Sjogren syndrome
- Sore throat (including tonsillitis)
- Spine pain, acute
- Stiff neck
- Temporomandibular joint dysfunction
- Tietze syndrome
- Tobacco syndrome
- Tourette syndrome
- Ulcerative colitis, chronic
- Vascular dementia
- Vascular cough (pertussis)
How do I choose the right acupuncturist in Aurora CO?
We’ve made it easy for you to find the right acupuncturist by hand-selecting the very best practitioners from the community to join our team at Injury Rehabilitation Specialists.
Call today and request and appointment for acupuncture in Aurora CO and experience the pain relief and tension-release that our acupuncturists offer patients at our clinic.